[mythtv-users] Watching TV without recording?

Michael McConnell mmcconnell at uniserve.com
Sat Feb 21 14:29:04 EST 2004

Perhaps a better questions, without sparking rude, "Well does XAWTV let your
pause," would be;

- Can I disable compression, and have a shorter pause period by using RAW
video directly to disk?
    = Would the IO issue's overwhelm my ATA 33 disk?

- I really love the EGP and Onscreen display features (and mythtv overall),
but my P3-500 (I can't afford a PVR 250) can't keep up, is there a way to
watch live TV directly from the capture card? Just the way XAWTV does?

- Are there any plans to implement a showshifter style of livetv / pause
features? Where the TV is displayed directly to screen, and ONLY when one
presses pause does it start to record the paused video.

- Can anyone recommend some compression setting for live tv that would work
well on my P3-350 ?

- If there were a really talented developer would wanted it to work on a
PII-250 they should look at what codec?

Hehe, a thought.

Mike