[mythtv-users] PVR-250+350: One is tuner type 28, one is tuner type 29

DS mythtv at dystopic.org
Sat Feb 21 16:55:45 EST 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Thomas Börkel wrote:

> HI!
>
> I have a PVR-350 and a Rev2 PVR-250. One shows up as tuner type 28 and
> one as tuner type 29.
>
> What should I write in modules.conf?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Thomas

Well, you hit the snag that's hittable. First suggestion would be try to
use type 29 for both. I seem to recall they were compatible from the IVTV
lists.

However, if not, you may need to mess around in the driver source. This is
how I do it:

Look for the part in ivtv-driver.c that says:

        if( tuner > -1 ) {
                ivtv_call_i2c_client(itv,
                                     IVTV_TUNER_I2C_ADDR,
                                     TUNER_SET_TYPE,
                                     &tuner );
        }

Replace with:

     if (itv->card_type != IVTV_350_V1) {
                          IVTV_DEBUG(IVTV_DEBUG_INFO, "Attempting LG
Tuner type 28\n");
                          tuner=28;
                          ivtv_call_i2c_client(itv,
                                     IVTV_TUNER_I2C_ADDR,
                                     TUNER_SET_TYPE,
                                     &tuner );

        }
       if (itv->card_type == IVTV_350_V1) {
                          IVTV_DEBUG(IVTV_DEBUG_INFO, "Attempting
type 29\n");

                          tuner=29;
                          ivtv_call_i2c_client(itv,
                                     IVTV_TUNER_I2C_ADDR,
                                     TUNER_SET_TYPE,
                                     &tuner );
        }

This code just checks the version of the card you're loading the driver
for and calls the corret tuner for that card.

Set the tuner variables to whatever is appropriate for your card and skip
speccing the tuner in modules.conf.

/DS