[mythtv-users] Watch TV after startup fails

Aleaxander alex at carbonated.com
Sat Feb 21 02:50:55 EST 2004

Okay, this may be something obvious that I'm missing, and I'm really
hoping someone has already figured this out, but I can't figure out why
watching live tv fails when I first load up mythfrontend.  Basically, I
get a black screen that I can't exit from if select "Watch TV" after a
fresh boot.  However, if I tell mythtv to record something first, via
mythweb or "Schedule Recordings/Program Guide", it will record the show
fine, and then, after that initial and successful recording, live tv
will work fine.  This is true on both my master system and the slave
system (they share tv and video via NFS).  It is like something that
Mythtv does sets up either my pvr-250 or the database to work correctly,
and once that is done via a scheduled recording, everything works fine.
  I can watch live tv if I first schedule and record a TV show first.

I thought that perhaps the default channel was set to something bad
within mythtvsetup, but it looks like the channel set under "Input
connections" is a valid channel.  At this point I really don't know what
is going on.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

-Alex