[mythtv-users] Problems with the media monitor

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Fri Feb 20 18:24:08 EST 2004

Kent Williams wrote:

>I've made sure that the media monitor is enabled in the setup, but when
>I insert an audio CD, nothing seems to happen (ie, it doesn't jump into
>MythMusic, etc)
>
>On the console I see things like:
>
>2004-02-20 22:09:45 Media status changed... New status is:
>MEDIASTAT_MOUNTED old status was MEDIASTAT_OPEN"
>2004-02-20 22:09:45 Posting MediaEvent

MEDIASTAT_MOUNTED indicates that the media monitor code thinks the CD you put in was a data CD not audio.  It's possible that the code for detecting "enhanced" CDs isn't working correctly and it's misidentifying things.  Or it could just be the .14 broken media monitor.

I'll try and rustle up an enhanced cd and test again.

>But still nothing happens on the user interface side of things.
>Any suggestions?

If you're running .14 the media monitor is broken.  It didn't get fixed
till 2/2 which is 3 days after the .14 release.