[mythtv-users] Help needed: Getting only static from tuner

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Fri Feb 20 13:41:35 EST 2004

HI!

I followed Jarod's excellent guide and have now a fully installed MythTV
box.

My problem is: No matter what I enter for channels, I always get static.

I tried with both cards (1x PVR-250, 1x PVR-350) with the same result.

I also tried xawtv with the same result. xawtv states "inappropriate
ioctl for device" on startup, but I used those parameters from the guide.

One card has tuner type=28 and one has type=29. I have entered type=29
in modules.conf.

I live in a PAL-B land.

Please help, I am totally stuck. :-(

Thanks!