[mythtv-users] Tried CVS - Recordings in progress stop if you view them.

K.R. Foley kr at cybsft.com
Fri Feb 20 11:28:17 EST 2004

Hi Malcom,

Malcolm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I deceided to try CVS tonight and I noticed two probs that don't exist in my
> myth 0.14 (sort of).
>
> First if I went into "watch recordings" and started watching a recording in
> progress it immediately killed current recording in progress.  So if a show
> was 15 minutes in when I started watching it then I only have 15 mintues.
> I've seen this come up on the list before and I experience it once in a while
> myself with 0.14.  With tonights CVS it seemed to do it pretty consistantly.

As, I mentioned before in a response to one of your previous posts, I
just upgraded to CVS as of yesterday so we are (were) probably running
pretty close to the same thing. I did not experience this behavior last
night, although I have experienced it with myth 0.13 and the previous
CVS that I just upgraded from. I am pretty sure that this has nothing
(at least not entirely) to  do with myth. In my case, I believe it is
related to the ivtv driver. What capture card are you using?

> The other thing I noticed is that when mythbackend fired up it would not start
> recording a scheduled show that had already started.  Instead it would sit
> idle waiting for the next scheduled recording to start.  I liked the old way
> much better.  Sometimes the box crashes or gets rebooted in a recording and
> it would normally pickup right away and start recording again as soon as the
> box came backup.  It would not with tonights CVS.

Haven't experienced this since the box hasn't been rebooted since I got
it running last night.

kr

--
K.R. Foley