[mythtv-users] MythTV-Wirless

David Brieck Jr. myth at brieck.com
Fri Feb 20 10:46:35 EST 2004

Scott Francis wrote:

> I know this has been discussed before, but I was curious if anyone has had success with a wireless 11b network for a frontend connection.  The sad part is my access point is actually a 11g network, but the bridge to my MythBox is an 11b.  I'd like to set up a frontend in the living room (my current setup is in the bedroom), but I'm afraid of the signal not being able to push enough throughput in order to work.
>
> Has anyone tried this and had success, or is 11g really the only way to go?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Scott

I am using a G network for my PC frontend to connect to the main
backend/frontend in my living room. Its works great, though occasionally
I do get some skipping which could probably be attributed to changing
conditions in the wireless network. It usually only pauses for a second
or so before it picks back up and goes on for another 15 minutes or so.