[mythtv-users] MythTV at 1920x1080i...

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Feb 20 03:17:03 EST 2004

Just a little report... I mentioned a bit ago that I was picking up a
SiS video card to see if I could get a full 1920x1080i resolution out
of it to my HDTV. The card arrived earlier this week (Transcend SiS
Xabre 400 from newegg for $45), and I finally got around to playing
with it tonight.

It is indeed capable of pushing a full 1920x1080i resolution to my HDTV
(through an Audio Authority 9A60 VGA to Component adapter). At this
point, I haven't done much more than get X up and running, but it
works. However, the picture is overscanned quite a bit, with a bit of
frame jitter. I haven't yet had time to tweak the modeline at all (or
try another one altogether), but I probably will this weekend. At the
moment, 960x540p on my nVidia card looks better at the desktop and on
the MythTV menus (mostly because there's no frame jitter), but with
some tweaking, who knows... Then I need to see about getting my pcHDTV
card back up and running for some REAL diagnostics... ;-p

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/