[mythtv-users] Problem with xmltv

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Feb 20 01:50:20 EST 2004

gkanis at cems.umn.edu wrote:
> The internet connection is fine. Why should not it be. I can serf the web, I
> check my emails, xmltv runs from the console.

Perhaps it's something with your cron event?  If you can run it from the
console, but the scheduled task is failing, then maybe you are either
running it with the wrong user permissions, or something else is wrong.

Here's my crontab line for it:

12 4 * * *     /usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase

Notice the full path... also this is in the same user's crontab as the
one the frontend runs as, but I don't know if this affects things
somehow or not.  I would think you could run it as root as well, but
xmltv settings are stored in ~/.mythtv/[something].xmltv so if it's not
running as the same user as you do from the console, this might be it.

-Tony