[mythtv-users] Recordedmarkup corrupt - consequences ?

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Thu Feb 19 23:38:00 EST 2004

Thanks for replying.  What is a GOP and why do I need it?

How does one strip commercials with avidemux?

I am also trying to convert the recordings into a format playable in a
zaurus 5600.  By rebuilding the recorded markup with mythcommflag, does
this automatically mark the beginning and end of commercials so
nuvexport can use this information? I expect running mythcommflag on a
system with about 420 gigs of storage (90 % full) will take a long time.
I wonder if it is worth it.  I need to compress videos so they will fit
on a compactflash.  So far I have been able to compress 1 gig to 100 mb
with good quality.  Removing commercials automatically will further
reduce the file size but I dont want to sit and manually mark the
commercials.

What is the state of commercial detection in mythtv?