[mythtv-users] Kudos to the KnoppMyth guys!

Clay claybo at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 19 18:30:21 EST 2004

Hey everyone.  I struggled with Gentoo on my ME6000 with a PVR 350.  I
got all of it working after a week or two and had spent two months (!)
tweaking everything to try and get it all to work.  The end result?  I
had TV recording/viewing working beautifully most of this time, but
many other things -- such as Mythgame and Mythweb -- did not work.  I
couldn't figure out how to get them to work.

I caved in.  I decided to give KnoppMyth a try.  I went with the
"automatic" installation (it does all partitioning and installing for
me) and to make a long story short, getting a Myth machine set up with
a PVR 350 took me one hour from start to finish.  After installing
KnoppMyth 4.2, I downloaded and installed the latest stable ivtv
(0.1.9) since ivtv-fb was not working with the packaged version, went
through the TVOutHowTo from the ivtv wiki, and I had a 100% working
Myth set-up with my ME6000 and PVR 350!  Things that I had otherwise
been told were impossible, such as using Mythgame with the PVR 350,
worked flawlessly using KnoppMyth.  I could never get any emulator to
work before with Gentoo and my 350, but they all work with Knoppmyth.

If anyone on this list has been contemplating setting up a machine
dedicated to Myth, I highly, HIGHLY recommend Knoppmyth.  I am thinking
about setting up a few dirt cheap frontend machines just so I can boot
them off of the Knoppmyth CD and not have to worry about even having a
hard drive.

Kudos to the KnoppMyth guys!