[mythtv-users] Q : Audio CD ripping on via epia m600

Torsten Schenkel mythtv at isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Feb 19 13:57:36 EST 2004

Am Do, den 19.02.2004 schrieb ZardoZ um 00:09:
> hi there,
>
> has anybody tried yet to rip an audio cd with the epia m600 board ?
> i am using lame, not ogg.
> thing is,  that it takes almost 60 minutes to rip a standard CD, regardless if
> i set quality low medium or high. I know it is not the power-platfrom, but
> shouldn't it be a bit faster than single speed ?
>
> any experiences or thoughts ?

Hmm, sorry, never ripped cds on mine. I usually do it on the remote
frontend on the workstation.

The encoding might be the problem (using too much cpu), what does top
say? There are some cd drives that won't capture raw audio with more
than single speed. Can you try a perfect rip? This will take the raw
audio from the drive and write it to the disk as a 44.1kHz wav-file. If
this isn't considerably faster, than it's your drive.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough