RegionCode [was: Re: [mythtv-users] Console Display and UI other than OSD?]

Torsten Schenkel mythtv at isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Feb 19 13:42:24 EST 2004

Am Mi, den 18.02.2004 schrieb James L. Paul um 19:01:

> > And on a unrelated issue, anyone recommend a good source for chipped
> > DVD-ROMs or firmware patches? region codes are so very annoying for my
> > import DVD collection...

You don't need a chipped drive. libdecss will take care of it. It
doesn't care about region codes, if the drive wont tell the key
deliberately, libdecss will crack them. It's a new feature and I was
quite surprised when I first realised this. You might have to build your
own libdecss for this, since major distribution won't include this
feature in the version they ship.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough