AW: [mythtv-users] Compiling error on SuSE 8.1 with QT3.3.0

Tom mythtv-tone at
Thu Feb 19 04:27:04 EST 2004

I have begun from scratch. Untar the sources,
then this :
eg.o mpegts.o mpegtsenc.o mpjpeg.o nut.o os_support.o rm.o psxstr.o raw.o
flic.o audi
o.o segafilm.o swf.o utils.o wav.o wc3movie.o westwood.o yuv4mpeg.o
sierravmd.o    -W
l,-rpath,/usr/lib/qt3/lib  -L/usr/lib/qt3/lib  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lqt-mt
-lpthread -lX
ext -lX11 -lm
ln -s
ln -s
ln -s
make[2]: Leaving directory
cd libmyth && qmake -o Makefile
cd libmyth && make -f Makefile
make[2]: Entering directory
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O3 -march=pentiumpro -fomit-frame-pointer
NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/lib/qt3/include
t3/mkspecs/default -o dialogbox.o dialogbox.cpp
cc1plus: warning: changing search order for system directory
cc1plus: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system
In file included from dialogbox.cpp:12:
mythcontext.h:19:2: #error You need Qt version >= 3.1.0 to compile MythTV.
make[2]: *** [dialogbox.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
make[1]: *** [sub-libmyth] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tone/Documents/mythTV/mythtv-0.14/libs'
make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2

I've compiled the qt lib from scratch so that I have the requiered qt.
Hmm. The $QTDIR is correct, it points
coruscant:~ # echo $QTDIR

coruscant:~ #  echo $PATH
Are there more vars where the path of  qt must be in?
No i see that I've installed the qt-x11-free-3.3.0.tar.gz...
I do not think that this is the right.... Or?