[mythtv-users] Live (well, any) TV issues

Gabe Knuth me at gabeknuth.com
Thu Feb 19 02:44:09 EST 2004

Hi all,

I'm getting closer and closer to a working system, but my latest hangup is
sort of a major one.  I can't get my capture card to work right.  I have a
PVR250, and I'm just plugging in straight coax from the cable system to it.
I've found a combination if /usr/bin/test_ioctl -p 4 and /usr/bin/test_ioctl
-v input=7,output=1 that seems to work, but I can't actually get any cable
signal.  I've plugged the cable line into a small TV and it works fine.  I
can plug a cable between my VCR and the PVR250 and watch a movie.I just can
pick up actual cable stations.

Has anyone seen this one?  This is the 3rd night in a row that its beat me.
I'm in the US, and I just have basic cable, so there is no real magic here,
I don't think.  Hopefully just an oversight.

Thanks,

Gabe