[mythtv-users] Myth just stops recording when the drive is full?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Feb 18 23:41:57 EST 2004

> My 80 gig drive for myth recordings filled up today and instead of deleting
> the oldest recordings and continuing with new stuff it just simply stopped
> recording.  I had to manually go in and delete some stuff.  Do I have a
> setting wrong somewhere or is this the way it's supposed to work?
>
> I have my scheduled recordings setup to keep x number of episodes and I know
> when that number is exceeded it drops off the oldest recordings for the newer
> (which is very cool) but when the drive filled up it just stopped.  Even a
> reboot did not start it recording again.
>
> BTW - I schedule all my recordings in Mythweb if that makes any difference.
>
> Thanks
> Malcolm

You need to make sure that your Auto Expire Free Disk Space Threshold is set
to non-zero in order for Myth to auto-expire recordings.  It will expire
a single program once every "Aueo Expire Frequency" minutes if your free
disk space is below that threshold.  So don't set your free space threshold
too low and don't set your auto expire frequency too high or else your disk
could fill up.

--

Chris