[mythtv-users] Mythweb says I have 75 out of 72 Gigs used

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Feb 18 16:31:38 EST 2004

> I guess it doesn't read sizes quite right somewhere :)
> Is this fixed in newer versions?  It's actually an 80 gig drive yet "df -h"
> shows 76Gigs total and 72Gigs used.

Does mythbackend run as root?  most drives are formatted with a certain
percentage of space reserved for root's files (to allow root to work and
fix things if the disk gets full).  df doesn't show this "true" total
amount.  It's actually a big issue with running mythbackend as root, and
I keep wishing that someone would write an easy way for mythbackend to
chuser itself when it starts up (like bind, apache, mysql, etc. do - or
at least behave)

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer