[mythtv-users] PVR-250 remote with home built reciever

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 18 15:49:58 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Jaeger" <mail at networksinstalled.com>
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 2:32 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] PVR-250 remote with home built reciever

http://www.lirc.org/receivers.html.
>I have a backend system setup now and a second frontend computer to watch
my shows on (long story but the pvr-250 >crashes if i watch a recording
while the card is recording).
>Can I use my silver PVR-250 remote with this reciever or do I need to
purchase one?
>I have googled and searched lirc and here but no luck.
>Thanks
>Tom J

I don't think you can.  When I compile support for the IR receiver on the
PVR-350 card it does not allow me to start mode2 or xmode2 because it says
its for a different IR receiver.  In my experimenting I can get my tv, vcr
and other generic remotes to work with the home made IR receiver but not on
the PVR card.  I can also get the grey hauppauge remote working on the pvr
card but not the home built IR.  Unless there's some trick I don't know I'd
say no you can't use the grey remote with the home built IR receiver.

Malcolm