[mythtv-users] Doing the undoable?

Eric Jones xeno at indigo.kicks-ass.org
Wed Feb 18 15:51:54 EST 2004

> Eh? According to what? I can run 800x600 and 1024x768 just fine to a TV over
> SVid or Composite using the nvidia driver. I'm pushing 1024x768 to a 27" TV
> right now...

The proprietary nvidia driver rejects all of the other modes. :(

As I said in my original email, I'm using the "recommended" values of
30-50 for HorizSync and 60 for VertRefresh. I'm sure these are the "safe"
recommendations for analog-type TVs in the US, but I have an email to apex
waiting for an answer for what will hopefully be more reasonable values.

I know the TV can do 800x600 and tuning the modeline should fix some of
the squashing that I see. I would like to be able to run in a higher
resolution tho.

> Since you said you have component inputs, rather than getting a new video
> card, I'd investigate a VGA to component video transcoder. That's what I use
> for my HDTV, and the picture blows away SVideo, especially for DVD and Divx.

Cool. I think this might be the best all-around option anyway.

Thanks for the advice.

Eric