[mythtv-users] Compiling error on SuSE 8.1 with QT3.3.0

Greg greg.d at cwgsy.net
Wed Feb 18 14:36:25 EST 2004

Hi Tom,
I managed to get it installed on suse 9.0 after having the same errors.
What I did (YMMV) was as follows:
First check to see if you have QTDIR set right
        echo $QTDIR
Should be /usr/lib/qt3. If you still have problems then do:
    make clean
    make distclean
Followed by:

    qmake mythtv.pro

    make qmake

Then edit ALL of the makefiles under your source directory and replace
$(QTDIR) with /usr/lib/qt3. This is easy to do with jedit, you can do a
search in your mythtv build directory and replace all instances.

I've installed qt3.3 on my SuSE 8.1.
When I try to configure, qmake, make my mythtv it crashs.

I'm not so good in debugging.

Hope someone can give me a hint to solve this problem.