[mythtv-users] PVR-250 No sound on recording occasionally

Jeff mythtv at maniclogic.org
Tue Feb 17 22:55:48 EST 2004

Hey all -

Occasionally, not very often, the PVR-250 just stops outputting sound.
Previously it just occurred during a recording but tonight I decided to watch
Live TV for a few minutes and found there was no sound in Live TV.  Checked the
last recording, no sound.

I don't recall the exact sequence of what I did next, either changed channels
in Live TV or ESC'd back to the Myth main menu and went back into Live TV and
changed channels and my sound returned.

Is there something in that last sequence of events
that "resets" / "restarts" / "resequences" / the audio video stream?
Closes and re-opens the device?

This is really hit and miss as it happened only twice in the last three weeks
and Myth is fairly busy most days (4-10 recordings).

Any idea?

BTW: pat your local Myth developer on the back.  They're doing a great job!
I'm using a early cvs version of 0.15 and there's a lot of great things going
into the product.  The recording group stuff is a great addition to any Myth
install with more than one user.