[mythtv-users] ATRPMS mythtvsetup in wrong RPM?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Tue Feb 17 16:49:59 EST 2004

	Frontend setup... as in 'mythfrontend&' and then Setup->General, etc,
etc.  Not the 'mythtvsetup' or '<mythsrc>/setup/setup' if compiled from source.
I take it the configuration of different frontends is held in another table on
the master backend database then?

	Hopefully I'll get around to pulling another wire and finishing the
box soon.

-Cory

 On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

> > 	Yes it is a frontend-only machine.  I was following the guide that said
> > to run setup on the remote frontend.  If that's the case it's a moot point.
>
> OK, if you're reading the HOWTO then it's poorly worded.  I'll change
> it.  What it's trying to say is to at least go through the initial setup
> before using any modules, because if you don't then the database
> structure may not be all in place and the various modules may crap out.
>
> So, on a frontend-only machine, updating mysql.txt is pretty much all
> that needs to be done.  You should go through the frontend setup program
> to choose your theme and whatnot.

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*
* 	- teach what you do.						*