[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport file disappears at end of

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 16:26:39 EST 2004

From: "Michael O\"NEIL" <michael.oneil at wanadoo.fr>
>I too have the same problem. I installed the latest
>version yesterday (Feb 17) ,
>then tried a couple of older versions from Feb and
Jan.
>Each time I cannot locate
>the output file! I'm trying to convert MPEG2 to VCD.
If >it's relevant I use
>Mandrake9.2 and MythTV0.14 and a PVR350 capture card.
Any >ideas what could be wrong?

The -debug flag works with all modules now.  Try
running "nuvexport -debug".  Then for each "forking"
command, open a new xterm if you are using X11 or
hit ctl-a ctl-c if you are using GNU screen or
open separate login sessions if you are doing
this from MS Windows and type or copy/paste each
command into separate windows then check if any
particular command comes up with an error.  After
it's done with the forking commands, execute the
system calls one at a time.  See if any of those
commands comes up with an error.

One of these days I'll have to add some stuff to
check the return code of system calls...

-Dennis