[mythtv-users] MythWeb::Music Rewrite - Submitted for your approval...

David Brieck Jr. myth at brieck.com
Tue Feb 17 14:07:30 EST 2004

Jason Donahue wrote:
> I'm not an appliation developer, so I can't really contribute to MythTV
> itself...but I can do my part for MythWeb ;)
>
> I have pretty much completely re-written the MythMusic section of
> MythWeb, and want to get some feedback...
>
> Here's what works:
>
> Music is Searchable, and Browseable. Each song is downloadable. Clicking
> an artist gives all songs by the artist, clicking a song gives all
> versions of song. Clicking an album name gives you a special "Album"
> view, which includes track numbers, the album cover (fetched dynamically
> and cached so it only has to look it up once), and a "Stream" link,
> which generates an m3u file "on the fly".
>
> The viewing is kind of geared towards the way I handle music, in that,
> if I don't have a full album, I leave the "album" info in the id3 tag
> blank. The interface then has a "Browse music by artist" link, which
> gives stats on how many full albums/ total songs I have by that artist.
>
> I am still coding, so there are some bug/design issues I AM aware of.
> Also, when I make the code public, I hope to include playlist
> editing/streaming.
>
> Enough talking.. here is the link:
>
> http://67.85.207.242:9001/mythmusic.php
>
> This is my actual MythTV box, so be gentle :) ..I have disabled
> everything except the music section for obvious reasons. I also disabled
> the download/stream links...sorry guys, but I assure you, they both work
> perfectly...

Very cool. The one thing I personally use a lot is the genre part of the
id3 tag. I don't have nearly as many records as you do (only 2616 songs)
but I find that I like to listen to an entire genre rather than specific
albums.

Do you think you could add more than Artist, Song Titles, and Albums by
which you can browse? Of course I personally would want genre ;)