[mythtv-users] Audio pops with digital audio

Jim Brunner jim.brunner at comcast.net
Tue Feb 17 02:05:46 EST 2004

I've got digital audio working, but went back to analog because of all
the audio pops which occur during almost any operation (fast forward,
pause, rewind, exit, etc.)

Does everyone notice this?  It seems like myth is not cleanly muting
the sound when performing these operations.

This is very noticeable when pause is selected, the audio just pops
continuously while the video is paused.

(I also get a pop when beginning to play a recording or when first
switching into live tv mode.)

Using a Fortissimo III card for output S/PDIF to my amp.