[mythtv-users] help please: Scrambled video after trying to reimport

Clif Deanhardt mythtv at deanhardt.com
Mon Feb 16 23:37:46 EST 2004

I needed to wipe and reload my very fickle Myth box.  So I first exported
the .nuv files I wanted over to my windoze machine and did a dump of the
"recorded" table.  Once I got the mythbox back up (and at version .14
instead of the .13 the nuv files were created in) I moved the nuv files back
over and reloaded the "recorded" table with the relevant records (plus the
extra flag added in .14).

However, the video is scrambled.  I've seen similar descriptions in other
threads, but never with a resolution for existing files.  It's like there
are 15-20 blocks, all scrambled (like a digital receiver in a rainstorm) and
the sound is a screeching jumbled mess that is indecipherable.  The video,
though scrambled, does let me see enough to know that the show is in there,
but that's about it.

It looks the same when played in Myth (where is shows up now b/c of the
entries in "recorded" and in windows when I send the .nuv to various media
players.

Lets assume I've been properly chastized for not using the nuvexport script
that I've since learned about (Arrrrg) and will never, ever, ever try it
manually again.   ;)

What can I do to get these babies back?  am I toast?

Thanks,

Clif