[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashes / watchdog

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Feb 16 17:42:05 EST 2004

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 01:10:26PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
>
>>On Monday 16 February 2004 07:44 am, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>Has anyone developed a script which would start mythbackend and
>>>automatically restart it when it crashes? And keeps the coredumps?
>>
>>That's a _much_ better idea than getting backtraces and reporting them
>>properly!
>

> Thanks for your sarcasm. I want the coredumps kept so that I can generate
> those backtraces and report the problems.

Did you have any particular year in mind?

>  And I want Myth restarted
> after it crashes because I want to use it too.

If the backend crashes, the recording would be broken into
multiple parts. Wouldn't it make more sense to follow these
instructions:

and post to get a solution rather than post to ask for a script
to ignore the problem?

I look forward to reading the contrived counter-arguments ;-).

--  bjm