[mythtv-users] strange NFS problem

Dan Boger mythtv at peeron.com
Mon Feb 16 11:54:34 EST 2004

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 03:52:58PM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 11:28:09AM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > > Shouldn't be an issue unless you've got network problems/issues to
> > > begin with. I have run my Myth system on NFS from day one and
> > > submitted part of the code that allowed the frontend to play the
> > > file directly from NFS if available rather than streaming from the
> > > backend.
> >
> > Is that patch part of the core now? If not, where can I get it?
>
> It's been in Myth for probably 9-10 months I think.

Is there a way I can check my files to make sure?  I just sniffed the
network while playing from a remote frontend, and I could defenitely see
the traffic hit the backend server, and then go to the frontend.

Perhaps it doesn't realize that it can play the file directly?  The NFS
partition is mounted in the same location on both servers (/media), so
the paths should be the same?

Thanks for any advice!

Dan