[mythtv-users] IR Transmitter Help

dan dan at milkcarton.com
Mon Feb 16 11:08:46 EST 2004

Steve, your absolutly right.  I should have told him to test the voltages
coming out, and use a higher one if it peaks in the 10-12v range.

-dan

>steve at nexusuk.org (steve at nexusuk.org) wrote:
>
>> would use a bigger resister in there then the one they suggest.  I kept
> blowing IR diodes till I moved to a higher value one.  For the simple

This really depends on the port unfortunately...  most RS232 ports peak at
about 10 - 12v, but the specs allow up to 24v (not sure if you'll see one
of these on anything modern) and some ports output as low as 5v.