[mythtv-users] HTPC Case

Tor Hovland tor at nidaros.homedns.org
Mon Feb 16 07:56:53 EST 2004

OK, so there are some silent alternatives. Not too many of these are full
ATX, but some are. I got quite interested in the Antec Overture when I found
it to be easily available for a lot less than those other HTPC cases, but
then several reviewers complained about heat/noise issues, and it became
apparent that the Sonata would be much easier to run silently.

It is unfortunately a tower case, but it looks acceptable for the living
room, it's relatively cheap, it's available in my country and it is SILENT.
Actually, full ATX HTPC cases are so big anyway that space isn't that much
of an argument.

So I finally ordered one, with lots of other Myth-hardware this morning.
Yeah :-)