[mythtv-users] Re:RE:lirc_init error running mythfrontend

Jason Livingston dergibjl2-nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 03:50:13 EST 2004

Hi Jarod, thanks for the reply, and even more for your guide.

I got these kinds of errors before downloading the lirc source. Even if
I only use ATrpms sources and perform every step as listed in your
guide, I'm still unable to run lirc or compile anything that relies on
i2c (which includes most v4l stuff).

Hmm. I think that the apt-get update step is installing the newer i2c
driver, and this breaks a great many things: lirc (and thus
mythfrontend) no longer works, ivtv won't compile (though theres a fix
in their FAQ), most v4l drivers that use i2c won't compile, etc...

Rather than manually patching and recompiling pretty much every driver
that uses i2c, is there a way to prevent apt-get from installing the
newer i2c driver? Or is it possible to downgrade to a compatible
version of i2c? Thanks so much.

Jason