[mythtv-users] IR Transmitter Help

DanM dan at milkcarton.com
Sun Feb 15 18:16:46 EST 2004

Bill, If your looking for an easy one, build the simple circuit.  I
would use a bigger resister in there then the one they suggest.  I kept
blowing IR diodes till I moved to a higher value one.  For the simple
circuit, make sure the black band on the 1n4148 (You can pick up a 10
pack for around $2 at radio shack) goes into the resister.  Then from
the other end of the resister, make sure it goes to the side of the IR
diode that doesn't have a flat spot on it.

-dan