[mythtv-users] (no subject)

mmichie at cs.nmsu.edu mmichie at cs.nmsu.edu
Sun Feb 15 14:40:18 EST 2004

I went through Jarod's Fedora Setup guide using my PVR-350 as a tvout.  Surprisingly to me, I was able to do all the video captures and start up X succesfully with tv-out.

I had everything setup to the best of my knowledge however upon running mythtvsetup and answering the first two questions as yes, I got a segfault.  Unfortunately, there are no debug symbols in the apt rpm's I had, so I did an strace as a fallback.

I found out that I did not have KDE installed, once I installed KDE everything worked perfectly.  Is this a QT bug or a MythBug?

mythtv-theme-photo-4-5.at
mythnews-0.14-15.rhfc1.at
mythtv-suite-0.14-37.at
libmyth-0.14-58.rhfc1.at
mythtv-theme-sleek-0.35-1.at
mythtv-backend-0.14-58.rhfc1.at
mythtv-theme-visor-0.13.1-3.at
mythgallery-0.14-45.rhfc1.at
mythmkmovie-1.0.1-3.rhfc1.at
mythdvd-0.14-23.rhfc1.at
mythtv-frontend-0.14-58.rhfc1.at
mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy-0.20031214-2.at
mythbrowser-0.14-9.rhfc1.at
mythweather-0.14-42.rhfc1.at
mythvideo-0.14-41.rhfc1.at
mythmusic-0.14-45.rhfc1.at
mythtv-0.14-58.rhfc1.at
mythtv-theme-gant-0.pr1-1.at
mythweb-0.14-44.rhfc1.at
mythgame-0.14-44.rhfc1.at

2.4.22-1.2166.nptl_35.rhfc1.at #1 Wed Feb 4 18:51:57 EST 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Strace log:
http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~mmichie/typescript