[mythtv-users] Voodoo3 3500 TV? anyone?

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Sun Feb 15 10:56:13 EST 2004

John Kuhn wrote:

>> How exactly did you "poke" around Google? I entered "Voodoo 3500
>> Linux", and the first hit was to a Debian mailing-list message that in
>> turn pointed me to this project --

Not to mention that I've discussed my 3500 TV card right here on this
list - so he didn't search the archives very well either ;-)

>>         http://v3tv.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> It appears to be the right place to get you started using this card
>> with Linux and X, at least. Since this card uses neither the bttv nor
>> the ivtv module, I'd suspect it does not work with Myth ...

Actually it should.  I used mine with Freevo under Mandrake 9.1.  Pre
January 2004 the tuner wouldn't work with Mandrake 9.2 so I bought
another tuner - something incompatible with the kernel, but it looks
like they've updated since the last attempt I made.

I still use mine for the TV out using the drivers now included in the
Kernel, and purchased a TV-Wonder VE.  I can't seem to get it to
overscan, so I have about a half-inch black border on my 27" TV ( so I
guess it's a 25" now ;-)

I found the S-Video connection to be rather poor though and am using the
composite out.

-Tony