[mythtv-users] Question about quality

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sun Feb 15 10:06:31 EST 2004

> Van: Adam and Lori Walker <slamcorp at comcast.net>
>
> I have seen a lot of peoples 'screen shots' but they are a bit blurry.
> Why are people still using GF4 MX440 when there are better cards
> available?

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you define as 'better'?

> In reading my pvr-250 manual it can 'record' at dvd quality so why can't
> I display at dvd quality?

Well, the PVR-x50 records from cable signal. This signal _is_ that blurry.
It's just that you don't see it. And for example a screenshot will only
capture one frame, where when you play 25/30FPS the noise in the signal
will more or less cancel out (like a B/W 10101010 bitmask will look gray
when you XOR it on every frame you display).

Most of the time propper (fine) tuneing of the channels will help reducing
blurryness quite  a bit, btw.

	Henk Poley <><