[mythtv-users] Lircd at startup

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Sat Feb 14 19:27:16 EST 2004

Roger Obando wrote:
> Here's the wierd thing.  The daemon starts up fine.  I run the test to see if the receiver is in fact recieving signals and it outputs the correct stuff when I use the remote.  It just doesn't work with myth until I restart the service as root.

I had/have this problem.  Something about my startup order was causing
it, or the hardware wasn't ready for it to start.  I ended up putting it
at the end of my rc.local file to start there using:

setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
insmod -f pctel
insmod -f ptserial
modprobe lirc_serial
/usr/local/sbin/lircd -d /dev/lirc/0

If I did the setserial followed immediately by the modprobe lirc_serial,
it would fail, even if I left off the pctel modem insmods.  Placing the
offering just enough delay.

-Tony