[mythtv-users] Lircd at startup

mythgnomer at rowelab.com mythgnomer at rowelab.com
Sat Feb 14 18:57:39 EST 2004

Might be a red herring there.. So you have a mythtv user that auto-logins
and starts up mythtv? When you say you have to log in as root and restart
the service, do you test by trying mythfrontend as root, too?

If so, then it sounds like you need to copy the /root/.mythtv/lircrc to
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/ directory..

The symptoms of not having the lircrc file in the right place for the user
who runs mythfrontend are exactly what you mention (looks like lircd starts
up, but myth ignores the remote.)

-Scott Rowe