[mythtv-users] Recording Extra frames

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Sat Feb 14 18:38:02 EST 2004

I've noticed recently using ivtv .19 and
mythtv .14, that its recording extra frames.

For example, recording a 30 minute show,
the OSD will show almost 36 minutes of showtime.
The extra frames also cause jerkyness and
un-smooth motion.  The audio doesn't seem
to be affected, but sometimes may get slightly
out of sync with the video.
When a playback position is saved, things
also get messed up as it may jump ahead
then behind, trying to resolv where its
supposed to play.

I believe this started with mythtv .14,
I recently upgraded to todays CVS but it
has the same symptoms.  I've not seen anyone
else complain of this.  Does anyone have
any ideas?

What exactly is the OSD using to show the
time?  Is it just a frame count?

Brian