[mythtv-users] newbie hardware question

Torsten Schenkel mythtv at isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Feb 14 14:09:47 EST 2004

Am Sa, den 14.02.2004 schrieb Isaac Richards um 01:30:
> On Friday 13 February 2004 07:01 pm, Andrew Dodd wrote:
> > Quoting Dan Boger <mythtv at peeron.com>:
> > > I keep hearing about issues with the TV-out on the 350's.  I set up mine
> > > last week, and I swear, I haven't seen a problem (yet).  Is there
> > > something I need to worry about?  Something to watch out for?  I haven't
> > > done any patching of any drivers, just installed exactly by Jarod's
> > > guide - a day before he updated it for the 350 :)
> > >
> > > So what are the issues?  Am I in the clear, since mine seems to work ok?
> > > What am I missing?
> >
> > Bringing up the EPG during MPEG playback = high chance of your system
> > hanging.
>
> Not for everyone, though -- I have yet to have the EPG hang my system with my
> pvr-350.  I do have very occasional other problems with the ivtv driver on my
> pvr-350 machine, but not that one =)

Isaac, you're using an Epia, aren't you? Then that is another pointer to
the Epia and the PVR350 being a recommendable combination. My ME6000
works very nice with the 350, EPG and all. I do have the occasional
hang, but they seem to be related to a bad stream.

Do you also see the problem of the pvr350 not initializing properly at
bootup? I have to boot several times till the card will load the
firmware properly and capture anything.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough