[mythtv-users] Understanding the codes on the Scheduled Recording screen

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Sat Feb 14 06:01:46 EST 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Bruce Markey wrote:

> > there is no option to "record it anyway."
>
> Correct because there is another rule that will record it.
> If you remove the more specific rule then the less specific
> rule will again have control.

IMHO there should always be a "record it anyway" option that just does the
right thing to make it happen.  The other day I had a overridden show that
I wanted to activate - no option to specifically reenable that show, so I
needed to disable recording of all the other shows...  except there were
about 15 shows conflicting with it and every time I deactivated one,
another would take over. :(

> In a way. The yellow "I don't know what I'll record" was
> always a lie anyway. The scheduler knew for a FACT which
> would win the tie breaker and it was going to record when
> the time came if the organic peripheral didn't intervene.

Someone mentioned that "A" records will eventually be highlighted yellow,
which is similar to the old style (infact there is a patch somewhere to do
just this).

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/