[mythtv-users] SegFault on running MythMusic

Paul Koster mythtv at kosteronline.net
Sat Feb 14 03:59:33 EST 2004

> I have compiled all the prerequisitea for this plugin and compiled the
> plugin ok
> (.. although I had to put -L/usr/X11R6/lib/ in the Makefile), yet when I
> try to play ogg's or mp3's
> I get a segment fault.
>
> Any idea's anyone. Mplayer uses the same libs and play's both formats
fine.

Please include a decent description of the problem including hardware and
software (drivers).

The combination of OSS viactxxx drivers and MythMusic is known to give the
same symptoms. Using ALSA solves this problem.
There are two recent threads in this list that give more information on
this.

--
Paul