[mythtv-users] unresolveable ghosting ?

James Meyer james.meyer at operamail.com
Sat Feb 14 10:05:43 EST 2004

Hello all,
I am having a terrible time getting rid of a ghosting or double image problem
with mythtv .014.   Anytime there is ANY horizontal movement I get an effect
similar to when the starship enterprise enters warp speed, the image streaks
and then snaps back into place.

Currently I am running on a 2.6 P4 on a asus p4p800 motherboard, with 2
pvr-250's and ivtv .19.  Udma is enabled on the harddrives with video output
via vga  (800x600 @60Hz )to a panasonic 42 inch edtv plasma.
 I  have tried both a g400 and a nvidia 5200 (with 4363 binary drivers)  with
no difference in output quality.
Recording settings are at 480x480 at 44K bitrate, lowering the setting to
320x480 just makes the ghosts blocky.

CPU usage is at between 5-10% when watching live tv without xvmc enabled.
Playing dvds and dvd rips yield a perfect picture, but watching pre-recorded
tv has the same dismal results.

Please does anybody have some idea ?

-james meyer