[mythtv-users] newbie hardware question

Brian Varney bvarney at nebraskatriangle.org
Fri Feb 13 17:18:39 EST 2004

I just recently stumbled onto mythTV's website.  I think it's fricken
awesome and I'm going to build one of these systems.

My big question right now is which tv tuner card to get.  I've seen a lot
of references to the PVR-350.  Is this the latest and greatest?  Is a new
and improved card coming out soon?  Should I wait?

The PVR-350 has two coax inputs.  Does that means it is possible to record
2 shows at once?  Can you record one show while watching another?  Or does
this require two cards?

Thanks in advance