[mythtv-users] Proposed scheduler change - feedback please

Steven Marcotte sdmarcotte at comcast.net
Fri Feb 13 16:20:48 EST 2004

The user should *always* have the option to override the computer.  I
have two shows that run at the same time, Smallville and Enterprise.
Most of the time, but not always, I want to watch Smallville.

However, if I've already seen the Smallville episode, or if Enterprise
looks interesting, I'll change the conflict resolution to temporarily
recode Enterprise.

If MythTV only uses the show's priority for conflict resolution, I'll
need to change Enterprise to a higher priority before the recording, and
change it back after the recording.  How is this easier for users?

It may be easier to program and maintain, but IMHO this will be a bad
thing for users.

Quattro