[mythtv-users] Radioshack Universal Remotes

Darren Mak mythtv at digitalweb.ca
Fri Feb 13 14:46:27 EST 2004

HI All,

Now that I have myth working the way I want it, I am interested in getting
rid of the four remotes I have to use in my frontend setup.

TV - needed till now because of the tv/video button that my shaw cable box
remote did not have

Cable Box - For my umm cable box

VCR - nuff said

XBOX - Generic Xbox DVD remote to control mythfrontend

Can the Radioshack 15-2116 remote that seems to be popular replace a
Motorola DCT2000 remote, as well as the Xbox DVD remote to control myth as
well as adding Tv/Video functionality? Since Jarod mentions the Motorola
Digital cable DCT-5100 on his site I am assuming it would work for the DCT
2000 and since the Xbox remote can be replaced with the one for all remotes
setup as RCA I would assume this would work in Myth as well.

However the outstanding question for me is the tv/video function on my JVC
remote.

This being said I am at the next crossroads with this. the 15-2116 is not
available in Canada according to Radioshack however the following remotes on
the three pages at.

http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Category.aspx?language=en-CA
<http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Category.aspx?language=en-CA&pagenum=1&cate
gory=Universal+Remote+Controls&catalog=RadioShack>
&pagenum=1&category=Universal+Remote+Controls&catalog=RadioShack

are available in Canada. Would someone who knows about the 15-2116 or who
has used another remote take a look at the link above and see If any of
these would be acceptable.

Thanks

Darren