[mythtv-users] ReplayTV "Zones" functionality?

Dan Wolfgang mythtv at danandsherree.com
Fri Feb 13 11:13:57 EST 2004

One of the features I really like about my ReplayTV is
that I have several "Zones" defined. Does this
functionality exist in MythTV?

For those who don't know about Zones, I'll explain:
One of the Zones I've defined--5-Star Sitcoms--is set
to record up to 6 hours of what ReplayTV considers a
good sitcom. I like being able to come home from work
and see what it's taped for me today. It always varies
based upon what is on. I also have 6 hours reserved
for a "Contemporary Comedies" Zone. It records movies.
Same as with 5-Star Sitcoms, I like seeing what it's
taped for me. It's a good way to get a variety of
shows/movies without having to actively look in the
Program Guide all the time.

I thought I might be able to use MythTV's Search
Listings function to make a Comedy genre "zone" but it
doesn't appear so. Any thoughts?

Dan

? dan at danandsherree.com
? http://www.danandsherree.com