[mythtv-users] Proposed scheduler change - feedback please

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Fri Feb 13 03:25:33 EST 2004

As some of you probably know, the scheduler is having some big changes
done to it ATM.  A question has come up on the -dev list and I want to ask
the opinion of all the users:

In MythTV 0.13 and lower, if 2 different shows of equal priority
conflicted then you could tell it to always make one override the other
when the same 2 shows conflicted in the future.  In MythTV 0.14, the
ability to set new overrides like this was removed although it still pays
attention to the overrides that were already set up before upgrading.

The proposed scheduler changes are planned to completely remove this
functionality and go to a purely priority based conflict resolution
system.  I believe this is a Bad Thing since as far as I can tell, that
would make the conflict resolution more difficult to control, less
flexible and less intuitive.  Especially for those of us with only a
single tuner (and so many more conflicts).

I'd like your opinions on the matter - do we keep this functionality in
in addition to the priorities (like it is in 0.13) or rip it out
completely leaving only priorities?

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/