[mythtv-users] System Hangs

John Dycus johndycus at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 13 01:25:23 EST 2004

I'm hoping this is a driver issue, but I can't seem to find anyone else
with the issue I'm having.  I'm currently running ivtv 0.1.9 with mythtv
.14 on a Gentoo box (Athlon xp 1800 and asus a7s333).  Almost everything
is working perfectly, except for when I record live tv.  It seems like
that within an hour or so of recording a show my system will hang.  In
fact, if I set it to record a show, it seems to hang almost exactly an
hour after the last time I entered any keystrokes or touched the mouse.
So because of that I believe it must be some sort of power management
issue that's kicking in after an hour that's causing the issues.  I've
removed all traces of apm and acpi from the kernel and triple-checked my
settings in the bios, but nothing is turning up.  Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
John