[mythtv-users] PVR250 Settings?

Scott Pouliot spouliot at scpsoftware.net
Thu Feb 12 20:37:13 EST 2004

I'm running a PVR-250 Freestyle (OEM card from a Media Center PC).  I got it
off eBay for $88 and it's been great since day 1.

My Settings are as follows:

Video

Size:  480X480 ( I haven't played around with this yet)
Codec:  MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder
Stream Type:  MPEG-2 PS
Aspect Ratio:  4:3
Bit rate: 2400 (I mistakenly said 2200 sorry!)
Max. Bitrate:  6000 (Honestly not sure where this comes into play so forgive
me)

Audio
Codec:  MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder
Sampling Rate:  32000
Type:  Layer II
Bitrate:  48kbps

The max bitrate setting may actually be bumping me up, but I don't know
enough about that setting (I'm a fairly new MythTV user) to be sure here.
Maybe I should be running higher settings here?

Scott