[mythtv-users] RE: MythTV Webminmodule - anyone interested?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Feb 12 14:50:09 EST 2004

> I don't know, so I'm asking... does Webmin provide any sort of security
> framework?  If so, it might be a good idea to consider converting MythWeb
> into a Webmin module and providing different access levels via Webmin
> (ie., let my family schedule recordings but don't let them mess with key
> bindings).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't "webmin" just stand for "web
administration"?  Or is there actually a specific program called
Webmin?  Or I could look on freshmeat and see that there is.  Which one
are you talking about?  Creating a "webmin" interface, or a "Webmin"
module?

Anyway, I really didn't want to create a user-level authentication
scheme for mythweb, but I will probably end up having to do SOMETHING to
lock certain users out of certain areas (which should be easy enough to
do with htpasswd by only allowing specific users to access the channel
settings script, etc. - I just haven't had the time to poke around with
it).

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer